My life as a pincushion and other adventures in infertility

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Little Lining That Could

So, I'm in Colorado and I had a follow-up ultrasound at CCRM on Sat. My lining is finally behaving and plumped up from a 7.1 to 8.5!!!! We finally hit and passed the magic number. I ended up crying when the verdict was in. And then laughing at myself for crying over my uterine lining.(The ultrasonographer told me many a girl had broke down over the same thing.)

Come Friday, two of our frostie 5-day-olds will be transferred. I honestly can't wait. It has taken almost a year to complete this last IVF cycle (with microarray testing and canceled cycles over a thin lining in the mix). Now we are finally at the finish line and I couldn't be more ready. The Bunny heard me. All I want for Easter is two eggs in my basket, and it looks like that is exactly what I am going to get!

P.S. I am wildly jealous of all those who got to eat chocolate bunnies today. Next Easter, I'm taking down my share X 10 to make up for my currently chocolate-less life.

5 comments:

  1. Yay! That's great!
    and Uh-oh, I'm not supposed to be eating chocolate? (or is it just you?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs IVF/Mrs InbetweenApril 5, 2010 at 3:54 PM

    I'm very very happy that your lining did the right thing! Best of luck on Friday, and hopefully next Easter you can eat all the chocolate that you can (and get to share it (well maybe not the chocolate) with your new baby/babies!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is awesome. Super awesome. This is an excellent reading. Don't fret the chocolate, heaps of time for that. This is just great! Did the pond scum help or (wisely) did you steer clear and leave this to the trained professionals (I hope the latter!!!) Well done again - this is just wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! My heart jumped with such joy when I read your post. What WONDERFUL news!!!

    Between your awesome lining and your tested blasts, you are literally a couple of weeks from your BFP. Get ready! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading all these posts brought a huge smile to my face.

    Sky -- :) Thank you, thank you for hanging around the last couple of weeks and cheering me on.

    Mr and Mrs -- You really have no idea how much your story and willingness to share it has helped me. I seriously get an adrenaline rush every time I check in on your blog and read additional good news. (It's more fun than shopping -- and that is saying a lot, considering how much love I have for that sport.)

    Rosie -- I nixed the chocolate because of the caffeine. On the doppler ultrasound, I had restricted uterine bloodflow, so I had to help out the situation in any way I could.

    ReplyDelete